I am not sure where this recipe came from but my Mum has been making these for over 30 years before teaching me. All I know is that the whole family absolutely love it, and we all have done since we were very small, and friends equally so. It is any easy dessert that looks as if it has taken some time to make.
Serves 8 people
1 lb (450g) Raspberries
½ pint (275ml) Double Cream
½ pint (275ml) Plain Yoghurt – can be Greek or half-fat
Demerara or Muscavado Sugar
Ratafias to garnish
Use 8 ramekins or small glass dishes. It can also can be made in a large glass dish – it looks quite exotic.
1. Divide the raspberries between the dishes.
2. Put the cream into a dish and whip it until it comes to soft peaks – beware do NOT over-whip
3. Fold in the yoghurt, the mixture will thicken.
4. Spoon the mixture over the raspberries but leave a little space at the top of the dish.
5. Sprinkle the sugar over the top of the cream to cover it.
6. Chill the puddings for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.
7. The sugar will melt to form a coat over the cream.
8. Serve with Ratafia biscuits.
I love raspberries for this dish best of all but any fruit will do even a mixture of one, two or three together.